PTE Summarize Written Text là phần thi đầu tiên của kỹ năng PTE Writing. Phần thi này sẽ cộng điểm cho cả kỹ năng Writing và Reading. Ở phần thi này, thí sinh sẽ được cho một đoạn văn được trích từ các tài liệu học thuật với đa dạng chủ đề khác nhau. Thí sinh được yêu cầu tóm tắt lại đoạn văn chỉ trong 1 câu từ 50 đến 75 từ.
Đây là một trong những phần thi đòi hỏi bạn phải dành nhiều thời gian luyện tập để có thể đạt được số điểm mình mong muốn. Nhưng đặc biệt nếu chúng ta nắm rõ các phương pháp và mẹo làm bài thì phần thi này thật ra lại khá dễ dàng. Một trong những phương pháp luyện tập hiệu quả cho phần thi này chính là luyện tủ thông minh, nắm bắt được các câu hỏi hay lặp lại khi ra thi để không mất thời gian trong bài thi thật. Để tăng phản xạ và tiết kiệm thời gian khi đi thi, hãy cùng PTE HELPER luyện tập 5 câu PTE Summarize Written Text Repeated Questions hay gặp nhất trong đề thi thật cùng gợi ý đáp án chuẩn nhé!
PTE Summarize Written Text Repeated Questions | Câu số 56 tại PTE.Tools
(1) Nurse sharks are nocturnal animals, spending the day in large inactive groups of up to 40 individuals. Hidden under submerged ledges or in crevices within the reef, the Nurse sharks seem to prefer specific resting sites and will return to them each day after the nights hunting. By night, the sharks are largely solitary. Nurse sharks spend most of their time foraging through the bottom sediments in search of food. (2) Their diet consists primarily of crustaceans, molluscs, tunicates, and other fish such as spiny lobsters, crabs, shrimps, sea urchins, octopuses, squid, marine snails and bivalves and in particularly, stingrays.
(3) Nurse sharks are thought to take advantage of dormant fish which would otherwise be too fast for the sharks to catch, although their small mouths limit the size of prey items, the sharks have large throat cavities which are used as a sort of bellows valve. In this way, Nurse sharks are able to suck in their prey. Nurse sharks (4) are also known to graze algae and coral. Nurse sharks have been observed resting on the bottom with their bodies supported on their fins, possibly providing a false shelter for crustaceans which they then ambush and eat.
(1) Nurse sharks are nocturnal animals, spending the day in large inactive groups of up to 40 individuals because (2) their diet consists primarily of crustaceans, molluscs, tunicates, and other fish, and (3) nurse sharks are thought to take advantage of dormant fish which would otherwise be too fast for the sharks to catch because (4) they are also known to graze algae and coral. (61 words)
PTE Summarize Written Text Repeated Questions | Câu số 32 tại PTE.Tools
The structure of Paris
(1) To bring fresh water in the city, his hydraulic engineer, Eugène Belgrand built a new aqueduct to bring clean water from the Vanne River in Champagne, and a new huge reservoir near the future Pare Montsouris. These two works increased the water supply of Paris from 87,000 to 400,000 cubic metres of water a day. He laid hundreds of kilometres of pipes to distribute the water throughout the city, and built a second network, using the less-clean water from the Ourq and the Seine, to wash the streets and water the new park and gardens.
The population of Paris had doubled since 1815, with no increase in its area. (2) To accommodate the growing population and these who would be forced from the centre by the new boulevards and squares Napoleon III planned to build, he issued a decree annexing eleven surrounding communes, and increasing the number of arrondissements from twelve to twenty, which enlarged the city to its modern boundaries. Beginning in 1854, in the centre of the city, Haussmann’s workers tore down hundreds of old buildings and cut eighty kilometres of new avenues, connecting the central points of the city. Buildings along these avenues were required to be the same height and in a similar style, and to be faced with cream-coloured stone, creating the signature look of Paris boulevards.
Napoleon III (3) also wanted to build new parks and gardens for the recreation and relaxation of the Parisians particularly those in the new neighbourhoods of the expanding city. Napoleon III’s new parks were inspired by his memories of the parks in London, especially Hyde Park, where he had strolled and promenaded in a carriage while in exile; but he wanted to build on a much larger scale. Working with Haussmann and Jean-Charles Alphand, the engineer who headed the new Service of Promenades and Plantations, he laid out a plan for four majors parks at the cardinal points of the compass around the city. Thousands of workers and gardeners began to dig lakes, build cascades, plant lawns, flowerbeds, trees, and construct chalets and grottoes. Napoleon III created the Bois de Boulogne (1852-1858) to the west of Paris: the Bois de Vincennes (1860-1865) to the east; the Parc des Buttes-Chaumont (1865-1867) to the north, and Parc Montsouris (1865-1878) to the south.
(1) Eugène Belgrand built a new aqueduct to bring clean water from the Vanne River in Champagne, and a new huge reservoir to bring fresh water in the city, and (2) Napoleon III issued a decree annexing eleven surrounding communes, and increasing the number of arrondissements from twelve to twenty to accommodate the growing population because (3) he also wanted to build new parks and gardens for the recreation and relaxation of the Parisians. (71 words)
PTE Summarize Written Text Repeated Questions | Câu số 60 tại PTE.Tools
Social phenomena: Television’s impact towards children
Why and to what extent should parents control their children’s TV watching? There is certainly nothing inherently wrong with TV. The problem is how much television a child watches and what effect it has on his life. Research has shown that as the amount of time spent watching TV goes up, the amount of time devoted not only to homework and study but other important aspects of life such as social development and physical activities decreases. Television is bound to have it tremendous impact on a child, both in terms of how many hours a week he watches TV and of what he sees. (1) When a parent is concerned about the effects of television, he should consider a number of things: what TV offers the child in terms of information and knowledge, how many hours a week a youngster his age should watch television, the impact of violence and sex, and the influence of commercials.
What about the family as a whole? Is the TV set a central piece of furniture in your home! Is it flicked on the moment someone enters the empty house? Is it on during a daytime? Is it part of the background noise of your family life? Do you demonstrate by your own viewing that television should be watched selectively? Since television is clearly here to stay’ it is important that parents manage their children’s TV viewing so that it can be a plus rather than a minus in the family situation.
Topic sentence has 2 possible positions: at the beginning or at the end of the paragraph. In this case., it is located at the end.
(1) When a parent is concerned about the effects of television, he should consider a number of things: what TV offers the child in terms of information and knowledge, how many hours a week a youngster his age should watch television, the impact of violence and sex, and the influence of commercials. (51 words)
PTE Summarize Written Text Repeated Questions | Câu số 34 tại PTE.Tools
The smallest star
(1) The smallest star yet measured has been discovered by a team of astronomers led by the University of Cambridge. With a size just a sliver larger than that of Saturn, the gravitational pull at its stellar surface is about 300 times stronger than what humans feel on Earth.
The star is likely as small as stars can possibly become, as it has just enough mass to enable the fusion of hydrogen nuclei into helium. If it were any smaller, the pressure at the center of the star would no longer be sufficient to enable this process to take place. Hydrogen fusion is also what powers the Sun, and scientists are attempting to replicate it as a powerful energy source here on Earth.
(2) These very small and dim stars are also the best possible candidates for detecting Earth-sized planets which can have liquid water on their surfaces, such as TRAPPIST-1, an ultracool dwarf surrounded by seven temperate Earth-sized worlds.
(3) The newly-measured star, called EBLM J0555-57Ab, is located about six hundred light years away. It is part of a binary system and was identified as it passed in front of its much larger companion, a method which is usually used to detect planets, not stars. Details will be published in the journal Astronomy & Astrophysics.
(1) The smallest star yet measured has been discovered by a team of astronomers, and (2) these very small and dim stars are also the best possible candidates for detecting Earth-sized planets which can have liquid water on their surfaces because (3) the newly-measured star, called EBLM J0555-57Ab, is located about six hundred light years away. (53 words)
PTE Summarize Written Text Repeated Questions | Câu số 44 tại PTE.Tools
Thinking about space
Often we think of space as a big empty vacuum, but you can also think of it as a space-time – a four- dimensional fabric with both length, breadth, height and time, that pervades the universe. (1) According to the ideas of Isaac Newton, if something happens somewhere in space – say something explodes or two stars merge together – then instantly we would know that the gravitational field has changed. We have what we would call ‘instantaneous action at a distance.’ But then along came Einstein, and he (2) said that information cannot travel faster than the speed of light: one of the outcomes of the general theory of relativity, which is a hundred years old this year, is that there has to be something to carry the information of gravity. When you do the mathematics, this seems to have a wave-like nature, and these are what we call gravitational waves – they’re essentially carrying the information of gravity throughout the universe.
When we think of waves in water moving up and down, that’s a ‘dipoles’ wave, but gravity’s a bit more complex – its waves are ‘quadrupoles’. One way of thinking about that is to imagine a ring – in one half of the wave cycle it gets taller and thinner, and in the second half-cycle it gets shorter and fatter. There’s a continuous stretching and squeezing as it travels through space, which in turn changes the fabric of space-time itself.
(1) According to the ideas of Isaac Newton, if something happens somewhere in space, then instantly we would know that the gravitational field has changed, and (2) Einstein said that information cannot travel faster than the speed of light: one of the outcomes of the general theory of relativity, which is a hundred years old this year, is that there has to be something to carry the information of gravity. (68 words)
Luyện tập thêm với các câu Summarize Written Text từ đề thi thật
- PTE Summarize Written Text Tips: Mẹo Xử Lý Nhanh 30 Giây!
- PTE Summarize Written Text Samples: 10 Câu “Tủ” Thường Gặp
- PTE Summarize Written Text With Answers: 3 Bài Thi Với Đáp Án Chi Tiết
- Áp Dụng PTE Summarize Written Text Template Cùng 7 Câu Đề Thi Thật
Lời khuyên từ chuyên gia
Nếu bạn mới bắt đầu tìm hiểu hoặc đang ôn luyện thi PTE thì nên tham gia
- Chắc chắn bạn sẽ tìm được rất nhiều bí quyết; mẹo luyện thi hiệu quả được chia sẻ từ các thầy cô.
- Kết nối trao đổi kinh nghiệm luyện thi trực tiếp với các bạn đã đạt điểm PTE thành công.
- Hoàn toàn Miễn Phí và group có rất nhiều hoạt động bổ sung kiến thức hữu ích hàng tuần.
Bạn có muốn biết mẹo thi đã giúp hàng ngàn học viên tại PTE Helper đạt điểm số mong muốn trong thời gian nhanh nhất?
Và để đạt kết quả tốt nhất cho kỳ thi PTE; các bạn nên thực hành trên phần mềm thi thử miễn phí PTE.Tools. PTE.Tools là phần mềm số 1 thị trường hiện nay; mô phỏng đến 99% giao diện bài thi PTE cùng với 100% câu hỏi từ đề thi thật. Vì vậy, các bạn hoàn toàn được trải nghiệm cảm giác phòng thi. Giúp bạn rút ngắn thời gian đạt điểm số mong muốn.
Bạn đang băn khoăn?
- Không biết nên chọn kỳ thi IELTS hay PTE cho nhu cầu Du Học, Làm Việc hay Định Cư?
- Không biết kỳ thi PTE có thật sự dễ lấy điểm hơn IELTS?
- Không biết kỳ thi PTE có phù hợp với khả năng của bạn?
- Chưa rõ trình độ hiện tại của bản thân?
Hãy thử làm bài kiểm tra tiếng Anh Miễn Phí 30 phút bên dưới nhé. Các giáo viên đầu ngành tại PTE Helper sẽ giúp bạn hiểu rõ về trình độ hiện tại. Và chỉ ra lộ trình học phù hợp nhất với khả năng và thời gian của bạn; nhằm giúp bạn đạt được điểm PTE mong muốn trong thời gian sớm nhất.
Chúc bạn sớm đạt kết quả!